We're looking for a Principal Full-Stack Developer to support the architectural advancement, ongoing development and rapid growth of our platform. Having a view across the whole product, this role Is at the heart of everything Cognidox achieves In pushing the boundaries of what a business-changing SaaS solution can do for its customers. You will be part of a small but growing Engineering team, led by a founder CTO, where flexibility and being hands-on are key to its success.
What we do:
Cognidox’s story is bound up with that of the "Cambridge Phenomenon" the so-called Silicon Fen high-tech cluster that emerged from the East of England in the 1990s (https://www.cognidox.com/blog/high_tech_product_development).
Our clients have scaled and exited multiple times. We bring a way of working that allows customers to get their product to market quickly and comply with the latest regulatory standards.
We started in semi-conductor and high tech product development. We are now experiencing rapid growth on the back of our move into medical devices and med tech generally.
We basically enable high tech product development and medical device development companies to deal with complex development cycles involving multiple design revisions and cross-functional teams.
Where we are:
Our Cambridge offices are located at the Eagle Labs building on Chesterton Road in Cambridge. Parking, great coffee and ability to mix with staff from other technology businesses who are also based at the facility.
Key aspects of the role are to:
- Identify improvements in the code-base and feature-set, then define, implement and deliver to the agreed plan
- Architect, design and prototype product features based on business requirements and with the ability to delight customers
- Maintain and refactor product features ranging from core back-end code to front-end web pages
- Develop APIs to work with 3rd party web applications
- Interact with customers on problem solving field Issues, both for code bugs and IT Infrastructure
- Develop, update and maintain architectural and design technical documentation
- Provide internal support for system-related questions and issues
- Being able to switch between multiple technology stacks
The successful candidate will have the following attributes and experience:
- Highly experienced full-stack WebDev Engineer familiar with web technologies and expert in building and managing web sites
- Extensive experience with working with multiple technology stacks – demonstrable ability to move seamlessly between completely different programming languages
- Skilled in reading/writing Perl and mod_perl and documenting what they do in a manner understandable by the wider team
- Strong MariaDB and MySQL knowledge
- Broad understanding of SaaS platforms and associated best practices for providing a secure solution
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of secure web development with practical experience of doing implementing such systems
- Familiarity with web authentication protocols such as OAuth and SAML
- Excellent knowledge of Linux is a requirement with Windows less important, but useful. Microsoft Office integration experience desired
- Experienced In modern development environments and practices
- Product testing (Selenium)
- Continuous integration
- Development tools such as SVN, Git/GitLab and VisualStudio Online
- Problem solving within a mixed IT corporate solution environment
- Strong communicator with a passion for pushing the boundaries of what's possible
- Able to solve problems or develop features based on a high level description of the requirements
- Self-starter who is able to take an idea and run with it to conclusion
- Understands and drives the writing & maintenance of technical documentation
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent English communication skills
- Be adept at customer Interaction when required
- Passionate about learning new languages, development practices and technologies
What you will get:
- Up to £70,000 p.a.
- Benefits package including bonus, share options, 28 days paid holiday a year and flexibility around ways of working
- Great working environment with a friendly and experienced team
Your application must include the following:
- Portfolio or link to your website with your latest work
- Curriculum vitae
Download this Job Description
To apply for this role, please send your CV and portfolio details to email@example.com