We're looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to drive the advancement, improvement and maintenance of our development environment, hosted system architecture and associated infrastructure. Having ownership of the underlying technology supporting our platform, this role is at the heart of everything Cognidox achieves in pushing the boundaries of what a business-changing SaaS solution can do for its customers with a high quality of service. You will be part of a small but growing Engineering team, led by a founder CTO, where flexibility and being hands-on are key to its success.
What we do:
Cognidox’s story is bound up with that of the "Cambridge Phenomenon" the so-called Silicon Fen high-tech cluster that emerged from the East of England in the 1990s (https://www.cognidox.com/blog/high_tech_product_development).
Our clients have scaled and exited multiple times. We bring a way of working that allows customers to get their product to market quickly and comply with the latest regulatory standards.
We started in semi-conductor and high tech product development. We are now experiencing rapid growth on the back of our move into medical devices and med tech generally.
We basically enable high tech product development and medical device development companies to deal with complex development cycles involving multiple design revisions and cross-functional teams.
Where we are:
Our Cambridge offices are located at the Eagle Labs building on Chesterton Road in Cambridge. Parking, great coffee and ability to mix with staff from other technology businesses who are also based at the facility.
Key aspects of the role are to:
- Identify improvements to the infrastructure, tools and build process, then define, implement and deliver to the agreed plan. Such improvements will drive the efficiency of the development team along with the quality and robustness of the solution
- Monitor and pro-actively resolve network and service issues for our SaaS offering
- Deliver product/service improvements, in conjunction with third party infrastructure partners as appropriate, with the ability to delight customers
- Interact with customers on problem solving field Issues related to IT Infrastructure
- Develop, update and maintain design environment and infrastructure technical documentation
- Provide internal support for system-related questions and issues
The successful candidate will have the following attributes and experience:
- Highly experienced Linux Engineer
- Expert in managing and improving infrastructure, tools and build processes, ideally related to SaaS products. Understanding key practices that help accelerate product delivery to customers
- Continuous Integration
- Automated system test
- Must have a good working knowledge of CentOS, Ansible, Selenium and Windows 2019. Preferably experience of using Linode and AWS.
- Skilled in identifying opportunities for improvement and implementing monitoring and diagnostics instrumentation to ensure that benefits are being seen
- Linux system health checks and fixes
- Network efficiency and monitoring (e.g. Nagios)
- Security admin and monitoring (e.g. fail2ban, firewalld, Wireguard, Libreswan, SELinux)
- Write scripts and plug ins for ad-hoc networking tasks
- General ad-hoc development support
- Interface with third-party systems via RESTful APIs
- Generate network and service performance metrics for reporting
- Broad understanding of SaaS platforms and associated best practices for providing a secure solution
- Experienced In modern development environments and practices
- Product testing using Selenium
- Continuous integration
- Development tools such as SVN, Git/GitLab and VisualStudio Online
- Problem solving within a mixed IT corporate solution environment
- Strong communicator with a passion for pushing the boundaries of what's possible
- Able to solve problems or develop solutions based on a high level description of the requirements
- Self-starter who is able to take an idea and run with it to conclusion
- Understands and drives the writing & maintenance of technical documentation
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent English communication skills
- Be adept at customer interaction when required
- Ready to manage relationships with infrastructure providers and suppliers
- Passionate about learning new tools, development practices and technologies
What you will get:
- Up to £50,000 p.a.
- Benefits package including pension, bonus, share options, 28 days paid holiday a year and flexibility around ways of working
- Great working environment with a friendly and experienced team
Your application must include the following
- Portfolio or link to your website with your latest work
- Curriculum vitae
Download this Job Description
To apply for this role, please send your CV and portfolio details to firstname.lastname@example.org