Policy last updated: January 15th, 2015
COGNIDOX LTD (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- Personally identifiable information that is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- The choices available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Information we may collect from you
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, operating system, browser usage, and other communication data.
IP addresses and cookies
We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
These are the cookies that we use:
|Cookie name||Cookie provider||Expires after||Description of cookie|
|_ga||Google Analytics||2 years||This is used to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. It is included in each page request in a site and used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the sites analytics reports.|
|_gat||Google Analytics||10 minutes||This cookie is used to throttle the request rate back to Google Analytics.|
|uid||AddThis||2 years||This is a cookie used by the AddThis social sharing site to store a unique user identifier. This is passed to both the www.cognidox.com website and the addthis.com website.|
|uvc||AddThis||2 years||Used by the AddThis social sharing site to record the number of times a user has interacted with AddThis. This is passed to both the www.cognidox.com website and the addthis.com website.|
|PHPSESSID||Cognidox website||End of session||These cookies store temporary information to enable site functionality. They are automatically deleted when you close your browser. This is only used on the www.cognidox.com website.|
|cognidox||Cognidox website||10 years||Used to record whether the Cognidox website has presented the notification about cookie use to the visitor. This is only used on the www.cognidox.com website.|
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect information, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organisation, other than as necessary to fulfil your request.
Access to information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.